I just want to start my own gossip here, mind you all, all the picture here are just my own interpretation of the upcoming Perodua and Proton MPV. Perodua MPV (No more fish name I presumed)
- Most probably based on TOYOTA upcoming C-Segment MPV (Long wheelbase of our Altis) – middle of 2009
- Most probably based on TOYOTA Verso 2007 (redesign grill, redesign bumper, stick on the perodua batch wallaaaahh..)
- Most probably be running Avanza / Terios / Rush engine (1.3 and 1.5 Litre)
I would say, the MPV would be based on the current Verso (pictures below) model as perodua always take TOYOTA / Daihatsu old model for rebadged.
Toyota Verso (2007)
New Verso / Auris MPV (2009 Model)
But I would doubt Perodua can sell new car as Perodua as this while was selling the older model than Toyota just like the case with Myvi, Viva, Terios as it is actually older model or been in the market for years before produa rebadged it.
Proton MPV (No relation with Proton Juara)
- Most probably based on extended Waja platform / Chanselor / Cherry V5 Crossover
- Most probably be running 1.6CPS engine on base model and Perdana’s V6 2.0 engine as higher option
- Full fledge MPV (High roof, better legroom & better 3rd row seat space)
Cherry V5 Crossover
Proton Model / Prototype
I will update this page as more news surface, but until then, let’s all just imagine
New sketches from Paul Tan website. Most probably new MPV from Proton.
Read more from the source above.